Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Live Flare & Bombing @ PTA Dec 19 & 20
Navy aircraft are scheduled to conduct live-fire training next Monday, Dec. 19 and Tuesday, Dec. 20 at Pohakuloa Training Area.
The training will occur between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. each day and will include bombing exercises.
The aircraft are from Carrier Air Wing TWO embarked aboard USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72), which is deploying to the Western Pacific and Central Command area of responsibility.

People in neighboring communities can expect to hear aircraft noise and see the glow of flares and explosions during the training periods.
PTA police, emergency services and range operations will monitor the training to ensure motorists driving through PTA on Saddle Road are safe.
For more information, call Jack Wiers, public affairs media relations, at 656-3157 or cell 542-9489.

http://www.hawaii247.com/2011/12/18/navy...dec-19-20/
Ahhhhhh, the sounds of freedom Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Sounds like a fun time to travel the Saddle Road. Maybe I'll go to Kona tomorrow and call the Public Relations guy on the way, see whazzup. And if a bomb falls on my car, I will be calling him ON HIS CELL, provided that I, my iPhone and my car have not been obliterated. In that case, I will haunt him and anyone else that comes to mind.
Always wanted to see F-16's in a bombing run.
I use to watch the Navy bomb Kaho'olawe in the 80's. Couln't believe that was allowed. Like there wasn't another place to bomb than an entire Hawaiian Island right next to Maui!