Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation Needed: Upholstery Cleaning Company
I am off island so can't do a lot of phoning around during business hours. Looking for recommendations on an upholstery cleaning company that has good equipment to do a deep clean but also will extract most of the water and reduce drying times. Also, I need a recommendation on a good dry cleaner's as I have a large number of rattan chair cushion covers to clean (quality results are more important than being the least expensive).

Mahalo in advance!

Laura

(edited to add detail on the dry cleaning needs)
Contact Brendan Freitas of Star Mobile Carper Cleaning. You can find him from this BNI Website.

http://www.bnihawaii.com/memberdetails.p...Id=1169462

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
You might call the park's hui (office,HPP) and ask for Leilani. She has a friend PJ that does upholstery. She lives down in WaaWaa.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Thank you for the reference, wjbillock, I called Brendan and the prices seemed very reasonable - $65 for a large couch. Can't wait to see the results!
We looked around the hilo area for upholstery cleaners for our rattan living room set. We just didn't find any advertised. We wanted someone who was "bonded". Then we checked to find out how much it was to have them reupholstered. There were a few here that could do it but the prices were outragious. Finally found a place in Kona in the industrial park right in front of Cosco. We picked a high quality fabric, they upholstered 18 cushions and throw pillows from a sofa, love seat and chair for $800.00 And they were fast. Took 2 days to get the faberic from Oahu, and 2 days to do the job. The lowest price over here in Hilo was $1800 and it would have taken 3 weeks.
Macuu222, thank you for the recommendation on the reupholstery place if/when needed. That is quite a difference in both price and turnaround time. Was the name Vasey's Upholstery over on Kona side? My info on the cushion cleaning is that the cost for the chair cushion cleaning is $10 per or $20 total for the seat and back cushions. The company just did all the chair cushions at the Hilo airport.
Yes it was Vasey's. A young Russian couple. They did excellent work. They even had the pattern match on the top and bottom cushions. In our case...it was a good decision to go with reupholstering instead of cleaning. Our rattan furnature was 20 years old and the cloth was falling apart.
Just a follow-up to let others know that Brendan and his wife, Eloise, did a very good job for us. Based on the condition of the cushions and couch, they actually lowered their prices from what was quoted on the phone. I also received a 20% discount as it was a larger job (over a couple of days). I highly recommend their work, which was very thorough. They are located in HPP.