Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sold 3 acres in fern forest on a contract
Dude still owes 30K bucks... I got paid back about 5K over what I paid for it about 10 years ago.

But it's obvious he no longer wants to pay his payments. He is behind around 5 months. We wrote this up professionally using a title company and lawyer. I tried to cut him a break of an all cash out but that didn't work. So I sent him a few emails and and now no communication. He told me he would just quick claim the property back to me. Don't really want it, but it's fine if he does.

Anyone know what do about this? The guy lives in California... The property is probably worth around 18K. Tho, who really knows. I just say this because ssp is paid and it's close to pavement.

Anyway I can do this with out a lawyer? Hopefully someone knows a good way to get him to pay or give the property back... The property was recorded in his name with a promissory note wrote up by first american title using their lawyer. So far he's been keeping up with the taxes.

Thanks!
The quit claim deed is the quickest,easiest may to do it .

All it needs is a notarized signature in most states !
If he owes you 30k, but he can currently buy 3 acres in fern forest for 15k, and you have make 5k off of him, giving the property back seems like a win-win. You can try and sell it again. But given the market, hopefully you don't mind sitting on it for awhile.
Market is wild all over - saw some 42$ a square foot deals in the cali high dessert - that sold for 180$ a foot in 2005 - amazing.....

I dont think hawaii dropped as much...... but its a buyers market for sure....