Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Data Tax Report
Ran across this report, older from 2002, but still with valid data, while doing some tax research, and thought the demographics were pretty interesting. Perhaps some of you will enjoy...

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~amason/Research/...x.2002.pdf

Being at the trailing end of that boom, when I am 65, there will still be a lot of "old" people ahead of me!

I wonder, for some of the young entrepenuers, what business would do well here that the aging boomers will spend their non-taxable pensions on (besides medical and yard maintenance!).......
Cat, that's one of the reasons I thought it was worth the post. I think retired seniors are historically frugal buyers.

On the concern side, what about an already taxed (so to speak) to the limit healthcare system? I think, do to RE affordability alone, Puna will get a disproportionately larger number of the new retirees. And, I hope the folks at DOT are paying attention.

The folks at DOT are NOT paying attention, literally and otherwise. At a recent meeting at Makuu to discuss Puna traffic issues, one of the state DOT honchos was observed falling asleep. Beyond even that, they show remarkably little interest in the fastest growing district in the state, other than to periodically repeat their intention to four-lane Hwy. 130 sometime around 2012 (I think.) Welcome to bureaucracy, Hawaiian style.

Cheers,
Jerry

And Jerry, did you catch Sunday's headline in the Hawaii Trib Herald? I knew it was bad but, "Most dangerous" in an otherwise dangerous state? Kindof explains our insurance rates.