Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couple of strong backs needed
We're going to need to hire a couple of strong backs to unload our shipping container. To load it we used a couple of HS football players though their fundraising program. Is there anything like that in the Hilo or Puna area? If not, any recommendations? I don't need the services of an expensive moving company, just a couple of strong backs for 2-3 hours.
In this economy, and in this 'place', make sure they are insured, or you have GREAT homeowner's insurance...argh

We put a swing in our huge pine tree, hanging off the branches you know.
The neighbor Billy (who has since moved) sat on it smoking a 'doobie', fell off (when we weren't home and without our permission) and scraped his nose a pretty good one. He wanted medical bill money. To my shock, our insurance company paid.
Contact pslamont@yahoo.com when you have a date you need the help. I can get you a couple guys no problem. :0 Pam

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Maile, the somewhat strange law that prompted your insurance company to pay is called "Attractive nuisance." It can be a bear to defend against. Your insurance company actuarials looked at a possible lawsuit that could possibly cost quite a bit more than the medical bills. Not ethically correct, but there you go.
If there is a day labor business there use it. Cost is a little more but they should come with insurance etc.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
It's strange, but that's what they called it; normally for liability for stray children. He's just a tad bit developmentally disabled and never learned to read so they thought a suit would consider him that.

The area is completely fenced (but there's a gate that's since gotten a padlock) and, since the left rope is on a branch that is smaller/weaker than the right side, when you sit on it your body leans to the left about 6 inches, unless you're a kitty cat. We just put it in for pretty and we put a sign that says "no sit".

The insurance paid about $175 to the bay clinic and we took him out to Ken's for a SUMO dinner and bought him a first aid kit and he was happy.

When I moved here I called like 5 day labor companies and they all said they only supply their work force to "companies". It's been 7 years, and with the economy, I wonder if that's changed. We had to get a licensed contractor to hire some peeps for us.
quote:
Originally posted by pslamont

Contact pslamont@yahoo.com when you have a date you need the help. I can get you a couple guys no problem. :0 Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

This is what i would do.....

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "