Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of quakes happening around Kilauea
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2012/0...i-volcano/

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
I was just about to say I haven't felt any and one just rumbled the house here in Volcano.
I've never seen this many 3.0 and over emails from USGS. It seems like there were 6-8 in two days, some extremely shallow, all in or proximate to Kilauea.

I have been wondering what the heck is going on.
I have not felt any of them. Usually I do feel them as it isn't that far from Pu'u O'o as the crow flies. These are SSW of Volcano, that may be why.
The Sunday Trib=Herald Volcano Watch was about a slow earthquake that happen throughout Memorial Day (had it been fast, the 1.5 inch movement would have been like a 5.5....)

The article also mentioned that this was preceded by a large cluster of earthquakes, and this was all along the Kileaua/Mauna Loa fault line....

I have no idea if this recent activity is in any way linked with the movement last week...
the scientists at the park are saying that it is the newer Mauna Loa fault slipping under the old one and that it is not magma related.