Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Wall Builder experiences
As part of Neighborhood Watch I would like to have any of your experiences on record to share with Newbee homeowners to prepare them for the inevitable ROCK WALL BUILDER scammers. I have heard over and over again the stories about these guys. It would be helpful to show new homeowners the Punaweb thread on this subject. Please be careful not to actual name names we don't want problems. This would just be a public service.
If you have had good experience please share those as well. Mahalo.
As in any profession, there are scams and there are skilled.

The gentlemen I deal with at Hualani Masonary (with a license) are wonderful. Tonakene (aka "kenny") Hualani is skilled and professional.

There is a PW member that had work done by Kenny if they want to speak up.
Kenny built my walls and steps for my house on 27th. Did a terrific job, fast,precise and looks beautiful. I would certainly use him and his crew again.
I was "scammed" in 2005 by a rockwaller when I first moved over here. They asked for half down to start. I wanted someone licensed so he showed me his business card with a number on it that turned out wasn't his license number at all. I also had everything down in writing that I wanted done including the price and estimated completion date. They showed up the first two days...and then vanished off the face of the earth. There wasn't much I could do legally to get my money back.

Two things to be firm about before hiring a rockwall builder. 1)never pay all or even half up front; pay as they go and if they don't like that...find another rockwall builder and 2) check their business license number to make sure it's legit!