Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T mobile internet coverage in lower Hawaiian acres
Anybody with decent results?
HA cell coverage is "highly variable" and tends to be nonexistant as you get further from the highway. Verizon LTE works there (with external antenna and amp) but it's expensive.
Thanks I realize it's sketchy at best. Just looking for any personal

results form that specific area.
Last time out Sep. 2011 lower Puna in the general Kehena to McKenzie State Park area, no T-Mobile service what so ever. So keep that in mind if you are planning on needing coverage w/ one of those remote rentals or verify they have wifi or other means of communications like good old land line.

If the Puna Java coffee shop in Pahoa is still open that's a good place to get your internet fix for just the cost of a cup of good java. McDonalds farther north in Keaau is another reliable internet fix vs. all the way to Hilo for Starbucks but you'll probably be in T-mobile range way before that.
Out of all I've tried, Verizon works best. T-Mobile does not work at all. Also, did you know it also depends on the individual phone you have? My fiance and I both have Verizon, but his phone works less than mine. We've been through Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile with dozens of different phones, so its been well researched. Also, you should consider investing in a signal booster. We bought ours for $300 but its worth it if you actually want consistent signal. Good luck to you!
Hawaiian acres, which has the least coverage in Puna. The largest landowners. In the middle of the oldest native forest AT&T works the best now. After 7 years of no coverage 4gs finally works. Depends on phone too. . The Tmobile has no reception. Of course where it is bulldozed. Better. We still waiting for tv.
hapahaole
I live on 3 rd near F and sprint network works awesome. we can stream video, etc and also use cell with no drops. we use virgin mobile hotspot with excellent resultsas well. hope this helps someone ! :-)
Anyone have specific info for Kopua Farm Lots as to cell phone signal and/or internet options there? Mahalo!

Candi, `Ihilani Coffee
Candi, `Ihilani Coffee
Thanks all for the input. My Tmobile phone works fine for voice.

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay more

for Verizon internet.My neighbors say Verizon is

adequate for their usage.

Have you guys tried Truconnect. Its awesome! Pay only for what you use You don’t need to buy an expensive monthly plan or a bundle of MBs that you may or may not use. Its fine if you use a little more one month or nothing the next. TruConnect lets you pay just for what you use. It’s ideal for the casual or occasional user.I have stopped using the open, so-called “free” Wi-Fi hotspots which though convenient, the connection is completely unsecure allowing any snoop to steal my personal information. But with TruConnect, the best 3G wireless data plan on the market today I know that I’m on a secure connection.” http://www.truconnect.com/plans/