Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Sitting
This WILL step on a few toes... BUT Be very careful of who you chose to clean for you if you go with using your home as a vacation rental. AND I'm very shy of some NEW people on this site if they have a very low post count. It is like a check out clerk at store when presented with a check #101, for a big purchase..... I'm not saying any of the new people on this site are bad, just be very careful.
Many years ago while I was juggling owning a business, going to college, and raising a family my father wanted to do something nice for me and offered to pay for someone to come clean once a week. I hired a supposedly licensed and bonded person referred to me by a friend. To make a long story short it cost my my family silver, family jewelry, and my engagement ring; the license # was bogus too.

We used what we thought was due care in picking a cleaner, this person cleaned for two households we knew, after we discovered our losses they discovered that many easily resold items like DVDs and CDs were missing. So do be careful who you choose.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Perhaps more downsides than upsides. Consider the posibility that your part-time tennant doesn't want to leave?
The ohana scenario may work better, but a close and trustworthy neighbor is a good idea. before you buy, introduce yourselves to your new neighbors.
plenty cons in puna. good foks too though.