Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc Stanley's
I'm interested in maybe getting a list of good weed whacker/mower (small engine) repair places in Hilo and Puna. I've heard that there is good service (at a feed store?) in Pahoa. I've had some good experiences at JJ Lucas, but only on equipment that had lifetime warranty, so I haven't actually experienced his prices. Any recommendations?
Garden Exchange isn't cheap, but they've been good to me so far...

Best recommendation I can make is: ethanol-free gas, every time. Fewer problems to begin with, and it tells any repair shop that you care about your equipment.
I had a good experience with Greg at Hilo-Moto.com recently. He picks up and delivers. I think he lives in Orchidland??

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
I've had great service numerous times with the Feed Store in Pahoa.
Polite and fair repair cost.
enjoy.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Steve's Honda repair is excellent, we took our older Shindaiwa trimmer in to be repaired, he was very helpful and did a great job!

http://www.steveshonda.com/page/page/5733103.htm

I had some issues with my Husqvarna 455 Rancher Chainsaw. While purchasing layer pellets at the Pahoa Feed Store, I noticed they were opening up a repair shop. I asked one of the guys, who was helping set up the shop, if they worked on Husqvarnas. Without asking me specifically what the problem was, he told me that in his opinion Husqvarnas weren't worth the effort. That I should toss it and buy something else.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, this shop will never see equipment of mine.

BTW - I fixed the Husqvarna myself!!
Guess you can't really blame a store for servicing what they sell.

Anyone have anything good to say about the small engine shop in Pahoa?
The title reminds me more of this ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXol_cAd3Do

aloha,
pog
ericlp, I used the repair shop across from the ole Puna Baptist Church and was very pleased with his help and the price. Only used him once so far. (lawnmower repair)
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
We have always been very happy with Doc Stanley's. They fix older equipment that no one else wanted to touch. Price isn't the cheapest but you get what you pay for. In the long run, you don't have to take it back in for a long time, so well worth it!

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973