Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost dog-Lab
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/laf/3414181254.html

Missing since 8-19-2012. Golden Labrador Retriever last seen near 6th mile marker in Kapoho. He is a neutered male named Boobie. He is a big dog, close to 85lbs. He is 10 years old and very gentle. We miss him so much. Please call: 808-430-2876 with any information.

the dog was seen the first week of November at the Hilo welfare office with someone who was not his owner. when we saw him we were unaware he was missing form his real owner (Amy) until later that day. this person was a male in his late 20's to early 30's, thin, short black hair, tattoos and went by the name Jebadia. The dog (Bobbie) had a red service vest on (not his)and a red leash. If anyone sees him please call Amy at the number above. thanks

Donna
Donna
please help find Bobbie

Donna
Donna
I saw a man fitting that description at the woodland center in Pahoa an hour ago. Mohawk about 4 inches wide. He was on something and trying to hitch a ride. He has a yellow lab mix with him with a red leash and a service dog vest.

I didn't remember the dog's name so I didn't call out - but I don't think it's the same dog. The dog he has doesn't have a lab face - it's white spotted all over the muzzle with cropped ears. I had a yellow lab so I can generally tell the difference in an old dog and a mix. Also looked smaller and younger than Bobbie. It was happy and freely went with the guy...didn't see if it was male or female.
Donna, I have a funny feeling (& have since you posted) that someone has accidentally ID Bobbie as the dog in the service vest & leash. The gentleman & dog you have described have been a staple of east Hawaii for some time.

The mans name is not quite the same as you have written & the dog he has is much younger & a mix breed with white spots on a golden coat. His dog & ours have met on & off for almost a couple of years now at Bears, and the dog is one that our dog will tolerate (which is saying a lot about the dog.

I would hate to see someone do a vigilante move on this gentleman because someone has fingered him for the taking of Bobbie. This man definitely does have some disorders that make him more an outcast & would be an easy target, but his dog is one constant with him & is always VERY well taken care of...

I do hope Amy does find her dog, but unless there are 2 slightly mal-adjusted men that fit the description, one with a very old golden lab & one with a younger mix breed, then there is a more probable chance that someone has mis-identified the dog in the service vest...
yes I have seen the man and dog you are talking about and I believe it is not the same one that was seen in Hilo. Thanks for keeping n eye out.

Donna
Donna