Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source for wooden pallets?
Anyone know of any place giving away used wooden pallets, or selling them heap? My daughter wants to use them to hold some rabbit cages up off the ground. We'll have to stand the pallets up and secure some braces between each pair of pallets etc. A friend of hers used them and she'd like to do the same.
Thanks, Jon

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
usually mirandas feed has them for free. the ones they put back by the trash bins are free. you can dig through them for the best ones... also by discount fabric warehouse is a huge stack of pallets, with a sign that says pallets for sale. both places within a couple blocks of each other right on the highway. start watching as soon as you pass walmart...
Behind HPM
Ive heard the ones that are NOT blue are usually the ones they want to get rid of, its too much trouble to send the old ones back to mainland so they just use them once for shipping here. The blue ones are not for taking
Cinderland down by 4 corners made much of there beds shelves cabinet flooring etc from dismantled free pallets, very nicely done when I saw them a while back

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Pallet yard between Fabric Warehouse and OfficeMax: 315 2073

Not "free", but "cheap", various quality available, and they load your truck.

Plain wood pallets are untreated; they will last longer if given a coat of preservative. For yard projects, the "copper green" from Home Despot works really well. Indoors, paint will do, possibly with a primer of borate -- the copper green stuff is pretty nasty.
Thanks everyone! Since Ace in Hilo was mentioned, I called Ace in Keaau just to see if they might have some. They said there freight comes in Thursday mornings at 4:00 AM, and they unload and the pallets are always taken by people by 6:00 AM. So I called Ace in Hilo and they said to come on in. They said just don't take any blue pallets, and please pick up after yourself (don't leave any broken wood pieces laying around after taking some pallets). Drove in and they had a good sized pile. A young man actually helped me to get 3 good pallets. They have plenty more and seemed glad to have someone take some.

Thanks again for the information.

Jon

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP