Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op?
Yes, the Tango is used as a bait and it is a hormone disruptor which essentially sterilizes colony son the queens can no longer lay viable eggs and the colony can't create any more viable queens.

The Bayer product mentioned above is a neurotoxic poison best used as a barrier treatment composed of a synthetic pyrethroid (Beta Cyfluthrin) and a chlorinated nicotional (imidicloprid).

Imidicloprid is highly toxic to honeybees and should only be used by conscious applicators. It is readily absorbed by plants and retained a long time in their circulatory system so please do not use on or near flowering plants which attract bees or plants which support scale insects and "honeydew" which is highly attractive to ants and bees. If you are incapable of reading and understanding the label thoroughly, please do not use it and just stick with baits and lesser toxic pesticides.

I use it around the foundation of my house but not on or near flowering plants which might be attractive to honeybees.
Aloha, and remember: insecticides have the potential to kill you quickly but herbicides and fungicides just slowly kill you later.
Talstar granules, spread sparingly, has worked for me. You can buy it at Garden Exchange.