Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Runner Issues
I'm curious if anyone else is having speed issues with their Road Runner service,specifically on the Big Island.I've heard that Oceanic has had some inter island bandwidth issues. Also they had to do a fiber upgrade to accommodate more HDTV channels (which get fed through the same bandwidth).

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,18597530

Edited by - Aaron S on 07/01/2007 13:16:37
quote:
I'm currently on HawaiianTel's DSL on 3rd Ave. My DSL seemed way faster at last location on 9th Ave. in HPP. But as a former RoadRunner customer in Kapahulu I can tell you that you'll face all kinds of speed issues depending on what time of day you are using it. Don't forget, with cable you share your fiber optic line with your RoadRunner neighbor/customers . With each additional neighbor/customer going online the same time as you, your computer begins to crawl across the internet instead of fly!?
Unfortunately there is no good solution for internet access in Puna. It is one of the prices you pay to live here in "Puna Paradise"

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Not trying to highjack this thread, but can I ask what kind of speeds you guys on cable get at peak times?

Been living in Puna for a long time and was very surprised a few years back when I was contacted by Verizon (before it became Hawaiiantel) and was told that DSL was going to be available all the way to the top of Orchidland subdivision. Over the years the DSL speeds have improved alot.

During Peak times I get always get over 2.5gbs down and around 700kbs up from the very top of Orchidland.
[Image: 149259040.png]

Just courious what speed you guys get with Cable/Roadrunner down in the park.

Thanks,
Beau S.