Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
traffic
Next week I'm going to have to drive from Hilo to HPP during the day. Can anyone tell me what kind of delay there will be due to construction? I know how it is during peak hours, but what about off-hours?
do you have a crystal ball?
so far all I have seen are a few cones and no one working
Did you look closely? Those are probably union cones.
A friend who commutes early AM told me today it took her 1'10" to get to Hilo but she said traffic is up because of college commute. Coming from Hilo three different times this week, there has been no unusual delay except for the 35 mph speed limit. Eric probably has the best answer....do you have a crystal ball?
I do have a complaint. Why are they starting before Labor Day weekend? It is obvious to me in my opinion that road construction may have officially started on Monday but very, very little work has been done! Road signage is up and as others stated above, cones are set up on the shoulder in different sections. I have seen trucks stopped with flashers on but no workers. I can't speak for today...didn't go to Hilo but this is the craziest construction startup I have ever seen!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Traveling from keaau today in the afternoon toward pahoa at the merge by the high school I saw some trucks parked on the right shoulder and it looked like they were unloading lots of rolled netting of some sort
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Did you look closely? Those are probably union cones.

kalakoa, you slay me! LMAO! Thank you.
All I have seen so far is surveying.