Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police Search for Missing Man - Kalapana
a rave is disturbing?? WTF?

please dont assume...

or knock a cool 'real' place/event some of us really do enjoy on a regular basis ... especially when its obvious many of you DO NOT visit regularly or associate with the people of it regularly

excessively paranoid fear mongers... please, no need to stir it up constantly... try for make Puna some crime ridden place... get real, wake up and get a life ... move on ... aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
couldn't have said it better myself, bananahead.

i would like to just add my 2 cents along these lines about something ive observed on this forum.

it seems that the majority of people who post here, at least the ones who post the most often, talk a lot about what they DONT like about the island, about you know, "certain types of people" who make them feel nervous. let's just cut right to the chase and be real about this. what they are saying is that they do not like poor people. there are lots of other more PC ways they go about saying it but that's really what they mean. they have a kind of fantasy in their heads of what this paradise should be like and are frustrated that it is does not always live up to their standards. they do not particularly like young people, either. they do not like anything that does not fit into their perfect tropical suburban fetish that they hyped it up to be before moving here...maybe they always dreamed retirement would be a sort of escape from life but are finding out the hard way that life still happens. they are easily upset by things like atvs, parties, big trucks, strange clothing, noise of any kind, really anything that would make one stand out... from them. they would like everyone to look and behave just like them. live up to the status quo and all that nonsense.

well for better or for worse the big island as nice as it is is still a place on planet earth. and like almost everywhere on planet earth right now bad things happen sometimes. people go missing, people get things stolen, etc. i guess if you are coming from mainland suburbs like a lot of these people you may not be used to 'real' things. you may not be accustomed to 'real' people doing things that people do, and if you are one of these transplant suburbanites you may, just may, find the idea of a party on the lava disturbing.

paranoid, neurotic, fearful and nosy. that sums it up best.

fortunately on the island these kind of folks are the minority, and it is only on the anonymous wonderland of internet forums that they get anyone to listen to their ramblings. most people in real life would probably not pay them any mind.

seventhreads...ok...me? in for long haul!