Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety checks
So I was @ pauls for a safety check. Dude had an Ipod and had to take pics of my insurance/registration and the door plate. Plus some other pics I'm not really sure wasn't really paying attention. I guess all the pictures get uploaded to the cloud for HPD to pull em up when ever they pull you over. Kinda interesting...

Anyway, the new stickers are no longer color coded. Just a big year and month numbers. Unless this year 14 is just all white. Shrug.

The pictures are intended to "catch" people with oversize tires, improper ground clearance, etc. Supposedly HPD will be able to compare these pictures with your actual vehicle during a traffic stop, so nobody can claim "but the safety guy passed it like that".
Nice! Hope it get's rid of some of those stupid trucks. Saw one today that had the complete tire sticking out past the wheel wells. I don't know how that look could impress anyone but whatever. Smile
They also have the advantage of being on file immediately, instead of a couple of weeks later under the old system.
Correction: that "couple of weeks" ranged up to a worst-case of about 5 months, with reports of HPD threatening to ticket people for "fraudulent" (as in, could not be verified) safety stickers.
Tho I think it's kinda silly to take a picture of the rear of my echo. I mean how many toyota echo's do you see with over-sized tires?

I think they could save a few pictures by only doing trucks or vehicles known to have tires sticking out.
quote:

Anyway, the new stickers are no longer color coded. Just a big year and month numbers. Unless this year 14 is just all white. Shrug.

Did they just give you the white #sticker? They should have given you the purple/lavender sticker for this year. Next year is a Red sticker.

I guess things can change though.......

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani