Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Religion? Maybe in Puna?
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=260184473&m=260428843

We need to start one of these! Smile
As an atheist, this interests me. I had heard about the London Assembly and am glad this has spread as the Sunday Assembly. I take issue, though, with using the words "church," "congregation," and other words that connote religion. It certainly isn't a "new religion" as your title suggests. It's NON-religion. That's the point. Or, as one of the people in the interview said, "Live better. Help often. Wonder more." Loved this bit, too: "The universe in itself is bigger, more more fantastic, awe-inspiring, than anything human beings have created for themselves." If that's the kind of sentiment one would find at Sunday Assembly, if it's the kind of place one could go who believes in science and in the strength of the human spirit, I'd definitely attend.
so many crazy haoles in puna..hahah hare krishnas, scientology, many others too
The craziest are the christains and cathlics. Tongue Time for a change
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

The craziest are the christains and cathlics. Tongue Time for a change

Naw, I think it's Judaism, since you brought it up.
quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob
Naw, I think it's Judaism, since you brought it up.

Any and all religion is humankind at its absolute worst.

Just look at the religious backed and inspired hatred toward humans with respect to same sex marriage right here in Hilo.

Look at the demented idiot in downtown Hilo with his pick-up truck and signs "demonizing" Obama and islam.

Look right here in Puna - or for that matter, look at any place in this world today.

99.9% of ALL core problems of all humans around this planet are at the feet of "man written" words and "beliefs" of a what a supposed "god" is and wants - all wrapped up in a term called religion.

To compare and debate what religion is "crazier" than the other - is ridiculous!
quote:
Any and all religion is humankind at its absolute worst.

Especially those religions which claim "my god is infinite compassion and caring and love, except for the part where we hate your loving-compassionate god for being so completely and obviously wrong about everything."
It took this topic about a minute to wander off course.

Locking it up.

Kiss it good bye, with special thanks to:
kapohololo
ericlp
Opihikaobob
Ken
kalakoa

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator