Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Industry Growing Again
A sign of recovery for our local economy. JMO. FYI:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24407870/big-isle-construction-industry-picking-up?utm_content=bufferf2575&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The Big Island's construction industry is picking up, with an anticipated growth rate of 29.7% from 2010 to 2020.

The Hawaii Island Contractors Association is optimistic about the construction industry picking up for the county.

According to the state Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, the Big Island's construction and extraction industry has an anticipated growth rate of 29.7 percent from 2010 to 2020.

The Hawaii Tribune-Herald reported Thursday jobs in the sector have an anticipated growth rate of 23.2 percent in the same period.

Hawaii Island Contractors Association President Brian Ninomoto says that's good news for the local economy.

State-funded projects across the island are contributing to the growth, including a $55 million interisland cargo terminal in Hilo Harbor and 12 Kailua-Kona projects at the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority.

DLIR spokesman Bill Kunstman says 80 percent of workers on state projects must be Hawaii residents.
shoots i hope so! no more construction in upper puna but my uncle get some gigs now and hope i get in on that! maybe pickin up bra!
My husband's construction business started picking back up about a year ago and now he has more work than he knows what to do with. Definitely a different feel to the market. People re starting to do those big projects that they have been holding off on.