Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for russell
" am not an ex employee or a thief btw. nor am i a person who tells on my neighbor if i think they aren't paying as much property tax as me"

yet you post to rat out some one within his rights by name?
quote:
Originally posted by boomattash

maybe he should install some kind of inventory system which at the moment does not exist.
Have you ever worked at any kind of retail store? I worked at a natural food store on the mainland for four years. We did inventory four times a year. They were the most dreaded days of the year. It's really difficult and complex, and you either close the store early or stay half the night counting and weighing everything.

Even if inventory is done on a daily or weekly basis, you only find out items are missing, not who took those items. If you have 10 great workers and one thief, the best way to find the thief, or deter the thief is to check their bags on the way out.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I wouldn't want to work for someone who didn't trust me. Nor would I submit to such a search. That said I do believe it is his store his rules if you have a problem with it don't work there. I don't even personally believe this happens. Calling your BS!
quote:
I think Russel should run his business as he sees fit.

Considering the hostile environment, he's entitled; I'm surprised it works at all.
If Boomattash, or the possibly fictional entity behind the pseudonym, sincerely wants to ask me a question he/she/it can ask me directly anytime. I'm easy to find in person or by email. Obviously he/she/it wants to throw stones, not get info by honest direct means.
At my company we do not 'search' anyone. We look at backpacks, bags and boxes. We do not look in purses. If Boomattash were honestly concerned or curious he/she/it would find that many retail establishments do exactly this or more. It's a simple security measure. No employee is required to bring a backpack into work.
He/she/it claims to know how my employees feel better than I do. Total bullfeathers.
To all the reasonable folks who called he/she/it out on the unfair mudslinging, Mahalo.

Russell
Russell
aahhh democracy, where elected officials dodge questions, tell lies, and belittle the people. never can a politician admit he is wrong.

so why not bag check the hundreds of people who shop at your store everyday? because they would stop shopping there. with how hard it can be to find a job on this island a lot of your employees have no choice but to work in that kind of environment, at least temporarily, and you take advantage of that. maybe by questioning the practice directly they fear they could have their job taken away. have you ever asked your employees how they feel about it? you may be surprised....

So who are you? No one is going to pay any attention to you unless you identify yourself. Really really bad form to do this on a public forum. Most people know that responding to someone like you one a public forum is a big mistake. RRs silence is most definitely not a sign of any kind of guilt or wrongdoing.
Boom goes the BS. If you dont like working at the 'natch then just quit already.

Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
If anything, Pseudonyms are common and at times, necessary practices to get a point across on line. Those of you trying to discredit Boomattash based on this alone is probably 1) old, or 2) dodging the issue he/she brought to the forum.

[one paragraph removed by moderator for violating policy]
I don't have much patience with people who show up here to cast aspersions. Normally I would like to say welcome to Punaweb but in this case I am locking this topic up for boomattash's general lack of netiquette.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator