Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention Senator Russel Ruderman -
tax stamps - my thinking is everything grown will be tax stamped - that way there is no way to move the home grown product into the commercial arena - remember bootleg cigarettes - without a tax stamp? one could land in a ton of trouble -over a missing symbol on the pack.

One idea could be medical and or a number of personal anual stamps could be exempt from revenue collection - many localities require the prescription of quantity - ie 1 ounce a month - one would qualify for 12 one once stamps.....

However the Stamp still needs to in the bag if checked by the cops/feds local and federal not being able to leave all that revenue on the table
There isn't enough support for it? More than 57% of the States residents wanted it legalized in Jan of 2013 and as of April 2013 58% of AMERICANS want it legalized NATIONWIDE! There is one reason it hasn't already been done.. "A Lack of Political Will”... The people of this state have no way to put it on the ballot which was as designed by the POLITTICIANS THEMSELVES! If the people of this state could put it on the ballot and vote on it, it would pass right along with many other bills you guys keep turning down. Time to give the power BACK TO THE PEOPLE. Time to pass legislation giving the people the power to provision for "statewide referendums by which voters can directly overturn an existing law, such as the ban on marijuana, or ballot initiatives to create a new law, such as establishing medical marijuana dispensaries." Time to give the State power back to the PEOPLE.
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu...d-Whacked/
quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

You make a good point Rob.

I'm going to assume it was a 'compromise' of sorts with the 'powers that be' to make up for their private prison industries financial losses / the war on drugs.

In this country it has been made very clear that profits of corporations come before any other consideration. So, perhaps when these corporations who have a stranglehold on the 'free market' bounce back from their private prison industries financial losses then it will be possible to do away with the 'tax'.

Pretty sure we pay 'normal' taxes on pharmaceuticals instead of 'sin' taxes so I do see your point and agree it is unfair.

RainyJim for Senate!
You tax fun, not medicine.

So if I need to take cannabis for medical reasons, I don't think it should be taxed.

However, if I wanna smoke a big fatty for funs, then yeah I think like booze it should be taxed.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com

Ironically, it's backwards: filling a prescription is subject to GET, but the bag-o-weed goes untaxed because the dealer would have to incriminate themselves to report the income.
Aren't your Rx drugs taxed. So why not treat medical marijuana the same as your other drugs?
quote:
Originally posted by dayna

You tax fun, not medicine.

So if I need to take cannabis for medical reasons, I don't think it should be taxed.

However, if I wanna smoke a big fatty for funs, then yeah I think like booze it should be taxed.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com