Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious
I was wondering if the newer strains of Med 420 I are naturally cross bred for intensity of active ingredient, or if they are clones, or genetically modified. If remember correctly, a couple of Stanford Botany students got in a lot of Dutch in the early 70's genetically cloning super plants.

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Most are naturaly pollinated in controlled enviorments then the "mother " plant is cloned to produce the volume of "starters" a cloan will produce the same product or can be again crossed with another strain to produce yet another variant. I have a friend that does this and has produced a strain for a young girl suffering from sezures,was told the sezures have decreased by 90% with the use of it.
Michael Pollens book "Botany of Desire" goes to great depth on much of the hybrid & cloning from the end of last century...but predated the GMO stuff (there are many reports of GMO work on the plant...and some stuff on patents...

Try to remember when going into any of these reports: GMO research has been quite expensive & fairly time consuming in the recent past & the illegal status of the crop would have ... hindered... some legal research (things like gov. funding & university lab - they like stuff to stay on the legal side of research...)

PBS link to their program based on "Botany of Desire":
http://www.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire/