Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart break
I was called to do a bee removal this last week. After talking to the man for a bit I found that he had already sprayed malathion into the hive. I didn't even bother to go look. What bees would have survived the initial spraying will soon die. I tried to educate the man as to the trouble the bees are having and hope he has learned not to go the poison route again. Please, don't panic if you find a swarm of bees on or around your property!! Don't wear dark clothes or allow a dog around them, and PLEASE don't spray them!! Call me or any other beekeeper to see about taking the bees away. Yes, bee removal can be expensive but lets help the bees as much as possible.

Thanks for reading this.....

I had a bee hive appear out of nowhere in my yard a couple years ago, and then three days later they'd moved on their own, before I even had to call anyone.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
That's how bees "swarm" which is their natural way of dividing a colony. When a hive has too many bees for the space available they make a new queen and she flies away with a portion of the colony.

They may temporarily settle in strange places once or more until they find a new home to settle and start working. The new queen takes a mating flight where all the drones follow until only one is left. They mate in midair and he dies and his business breaks off. She return to the hive with a lifetime supply of sperm and starts laying eggs for many years.