Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Department of Transportation Meeting In Pahoa
If anyone attends this meeting tonight, please share the information and your opinion on what transpired. Hopefully, some light will be shed on the State's plan.

Mahalo in advance. Have good evening all.

Attended.
In a word, same ole b.s.
Major news is that work on both highway 130 projects is delayed at least one year under the "fiscally constrained" plan.
This one was videotaped. Several points at which factually incorrect information was presented.
James - just asking for clarification. Do you mean the current shoulder work on H-130 will go on an extra year or the much longer plan to turn it into a four-lane highway? Or both? Thanks.
Any news about mtn view / kurtistown / Keaau repaving? That seems to have been on hold for going in 6 months. It's really lame that they turn that area into a work zone, decrease the speed limit, then stop work. Now people like to crawl up that road at 35mph, where the speed was, and should be, 55 mph. Seems criminal to me what they are doing.

At least they're clearing the trees between the nice 4 lane divided highway going into Hilo. When I'm late for anything I have to do between Hilo and volcano, I'll at least get to be pacified by that beautiful median (which also seems to be taking 10x longer than it should)
Mahalo, Dr. Weatherford. Figures. Par for the course. Delayed for a year may work in our benefit; we shall see.

Will wait for the video (please post if I don't find it), and warm aloha to your sweet wife.

JMO.
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

James - just asking for clarification. Do you mean the current shoulder work on H-130 will go on an extra year or the much longer plan to turn it into a four-lane highway? Or both? Thanks.

The shoulder work now underway, from Hilo side of Shower Dr. to Humane Society, has been started and the projects discussed were ones yet to be started. "Phase 2" of that Project will do something to Shower Dr intersection and that will be in another year.

The "four-laning" of 130 from Pahoa side of Shower Dr to Pahoa is another Project which has been delayed a year and is now scheduled to begin in FY2016 (Oct 1, 2015 - Sep 30, 2016).

Thank you, James, appreciate the clarification.