Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, Dennis, found Dead in Pahoa
A man named Dennis was found deceased at an abandoned house on the street below Tin Shack bakery this morning. I watched as police,fire and ambulance responded. Having only been here three weeks I didn't know Dennis. I have seen Dennis though hanging out on the corner across from my work. I may have nodded or said Aloha a few times. From my understanding Dennis was addicted to pharmaceuticals. Such a sad way to be spiraled into the death spin.So R.I.P. Dennis, I'm sure some of you knew Dennis,I understand he was a bit of a fixture in Pahoa Maybe share a humorous story or two about Dennis..MAHALO
"Dennis"?
Any details/description?

I have known a "Dennis" who cooked at some of the restaurants, including Pahoa Village Cafe and Kalapana Village Cafe. He often hangs out with the street people in Pahoa.
i drove through Pahoa no more than a week ago and saw Dennis talking to an EMT and a cop. Not sure what was happening. If it's the same Dennis you're talking about, he was a father and a musician.
Don't know any details but I did hear he was a musician.
Maybe you could rename this topic something a little more respectful of the person? Maybe RIP Dennis of Pahoa or something like that?
The Dennis I speak of was also a musician.
He had children and grandchildren.
Upon further investigation I was able to discern Dennis was in fact a father of six with two grown children and four in their teens he was a musician. He lived at least for some time at uncle Roberts property. I have yet to find anyone who knows his last name though I have spoken to people who knew him well. This was the Dennis you saw with police EMT last week Bluesboy.
Sure to be the same Dennis.

So, I will relate a story, as related to me by Dennis...

A few years ago, Dennis was caregiver for some of his grandchildren, including grandson Lava, who was in the 6th grade at Pahoa School and excelling.
Dennis walked to school with Lava in the morning.
Before leaving for school, Dennis would prepare Lava breakfast and they would watch the news on TV while they ate.
One morning, Dennis and Lava were watching the news and there was a piece about the melting ice caps with polar bears shown unable to find stable footing.
As on every other morning, Dennis got up to leave for the walk to the school.
Lava remained sitting, tears in his eyes.
Dennis asked his grandson what was wrong.
The young lad replied, "Won't there be anything left for me when I am grown?"

Aloha nui Dennis
Aloha nui Dennis, aloha 'oe.

Mahalo for sharing, James.