Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanabusa / Shaltz race too close to call
Shalt is leading Hanabusa by 1000 votes with only 2 precincts not reporting. And the district that can make or break this contest is HPP with over 8000 registered voters. Think about that when you receive your absentee ballot in the mail. Our votes will make who gets elected. I wouldn't be surprised to see both lending a hand on Makuu and Paradise roads. Now is the time to make you wishes known to them about our subdivision.
The national news has noted that the Puna residents without power can determine a national senate race - over 6,000 ballots will be mailed out & the residents will have (I think it was 21) days to return the absentee ballots)
Both candidates will be in Puna today, from what I hear. Senator Schatz arrived last night. He is coming as the current Senator wanting to view, listen, help as well as candidate.

My friend is helping to coordinate his schedule, and it is still open to suggestions on where he could be most effective, if you have thoughts and post them. I'm sure the schedule is getting finalized quickly as they must be up and running already.
ETA sorry about posting in two topics, saw the more relevant topic after I posted in this one.