Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Day Special Election To Be Held - Puna
People of Puna got great compliments from both candidates in their post-announcement speeches, so in that sense Puna as a whole got a boost in perception and empathy out of the special election focus.

Hanabusa's interview was well spoken.

As far as the election changing the vote, the added votes increased the gap somewhat rather than closing it, which doesn't show a trend towards her being more likely to win if more votes had come in.

In order to challenge successfly, she would have to show that it was likely the results would have been different, and I don't think she has any basis. The other Puna precincts went for Schatz at a higher percentage than the State average.

Also they made the point Saturday that Hanabusa had more early voters. Schatz only caught up when the same day votes came in, as apparently that is his demographic. So by that trend, it's as likely as not that it hurt Schatz more than Hanabusa when people couldn't vote on Saturday. Tough row for her to hoe to prove she lost because of the severe weather issues.

Faye is out.
They did not mention Ilagan. Will there be a runoff,
quote:
Originally posted by HiloPuna

Opihikao

Why do you no longer link to the site where you found this unfounded rumour?

BTW: If I want made up news I'll go watch Fox or buy a tabloid by the checkout counter.

Because I promised not to link to Damon Tucker's News site nor Facebook site any longer. That is all. It's there.

I stated it was a "rumor", however, the source of the rumor holds some credibility (IMO). For what it's worth. This is a concern for me, and allegedly, apparently, the source has raised the issue.

We shall see. Go ask Damon Tucker.

Congratulations to the winners of this special election.

ETA: Mr. Tucker, please delete if necessary. It is a "rumor". Apologies.
In the days when absentee ballots were uncommon (because you had to have a specifically stated reason, such as being physically handicapped), that was true in some places because there were rarely more absentee ballots than the margin of most elections. Now anyone can request one, and absentee/early ballots make up ~30% of the total; they're counted first on election day, and that's what the entire first printout shows when they release the results.

It's still true for provisional ballots, where there's question about whether a person is eligible to vote (e.g. they have a registration card but their name isn't in the book). The ballot is filled out but set aside, and they don't bother to verify each person individually unless the margin is within the number of provisional votes, which is extremely rare.
MR
Mahalo, now that has the plausibility necessary to go from rumor to hearsay. I'm not suggesting it's not true, just categorizing it. If anyone has worked in local elections and can verify this is true in Hawaii then I would consider myself a wiser man.
Did not know that, MidnightRambler. Wow. [:0] I'm stunned. Guess it makes sense, however.

How does one make sure we count is the question? (Rhetoric).
Still learning.

Mahalo again.

JMO.