Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Lining - Positive Thought for the Day
Well, Papa always said to look for the silver lining in everything. Thus, as we all dig deep to be patient, helpful, kind, and understanding as we recover from the hurricane, here is what I find positive today:

1) No one was killed.

2) For the first time, the spotlight is on Puna. We seemed to receive the least amount of attention with regard to infrastructure, and public services in general. Maybe we'll see a change for the better.

3) Puna will decide a Senate seat. This is national news. Puna residents have the ability to demand (or respectfully request) of these candidates (and all elected officials) a commitment to Puna's future and help us rebuild.

4) In the face of adversity, so many have shown what "aloha" truly means. This is a life lesson for our keiki and mo'opuna.

5) Now that the scope of what Puna has endured is finally being realized, so many helping hands have come forth. I would expect more is to come.

Mahalo ke Akua. Bless you all.

"We shall extend and display respect to all others which reflects our own appreciation of humanity. We shall carry our pride quietly, neither boasting of ourselves nor speaking badly of others - often a dishonest method of self-praise. Yet we must be unashamed of our principles and honest in our criticisms."

~ Hawaiian Code of Conduct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_17vGYa81s

JMO.
LIKE button!
+1
Love love love!!

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
I was at Foodland in Keaau this evening gathering some supplies and treats to share with a bunch of astronomers working at the summit from tonight onwards. We're going back to summit operations for a short period of time to recommission a mode of observing we haven't done for several years, so wanted to help make it a little more enjoyable for everyone up there!

What I witnessed in the store and parking lot was wonderful. I didn't quite know what to expect because I know people are so stressed at the moment, but there were smiles everywhere, strangers chatting away, everyone was extremely polite and cracking jokes with others in the checkout lines. There was an amazing spirit of togetherness, patience and, I guess, aloha. It was beautiful to witness and be a part of. Really heart-warming. And then driving back, I saw the hand-written signs along hwy-130 telling everyone about the availability of free ice, water and hot food on Paradise drive.

Thank you, people of Puna and the Big Island!
Thank you Opihikao! Shivers up the spine and a tear in my eye, Mahalo!

Community begins with Aloha
Amen, Opihikao!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
#love !!!

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov