Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a bit larger scale........

Here is a very cool youtube video about our galaxy, and super cluters etc. It stqtes that a Brent Tulley, of the University of Hawaii, mapped the positions of a huge number of galaxies and.... Well, see for yourself. Not really Puna related, but maybe our Punaweb host, will enjoy watching this mind-bending video.
A little break from the stresses we are currently facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo#t=77

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I love science.
This is great; thanks so much for sharing the link. I love the Hawaiian name, Laniakea "immeasurable heaven". It surely shows how infinitesimally small Earth is, and to me, that surely there must be other life out there in this massive reality of the cosmos.

This was a nice break from our current day to day Puna reality, which is rather wonderful no matter what is going on!
Jon,

The link to that video was posted a few days ago in another thread but really glad you posted it again! Brent Tully also has a different video about this research on his website - http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/~tully/ - it's very technical and really aimed at astronomers and physicists, but it's nice that someone in his position can take the time to post something like this.

I'm not sure how many people here understand how many scientific discoveries are being made each day (well, night) here on the Big Island. Well, unless it's cloudy of course, or the moon gets in the way...
Oops. My mistake. I missed that other thread. Well, maybe a few others missed it too, and caught it here.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon - not a criticism at all, glad it was posted again! There's some amazing scientific work being carried out on the island right now and many don't realise it. It's world-leading international science. The more it's advertised, the better.