Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 minutes longer!!!!
Maybe I’m strange but yesterday the 22nd of December is always my favorite day of the year! There isn’t as much change here in the Islands but when you come from the Northwest it is very depressing to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark

Royall

Aloha Royall, I know exactly what you mean, In Oregon we always looked forward to the solstice, gave us hope that maybe winter wouldn't last forever! I get cold just thinking about it.

Yes, It is wonderful to have 3 more minutes. But you guys can feel my pain as I am still in Oregon. ha ha Smile
Naomi
So gratifying to know we survived the shortest day of the year and it only gets better every day Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Aloha Royall

Solstice is a big deal here in Anchorage too. The sun came up @ 11:15 and went down at 3:15, but it all gets better from here. But this is our last winter in Alaska; moving to Pahoa in May...yipee
Boy, I don't envy you Bill.
At least here in Roseburg, OR. We don't get enough snow for it to be a big deal. We are usually overcast a lot of time in the winter months, that's if it is not raining.
Naomi
Gee Naomi, that sounds just like Brookings! I watch the weather on the curry coastal pilot news paper online and just shudder. I couldn't have gone through one more Northwest winter! It is amazing how many of us are here from Oregon.

Royall

Edited by - Royall on 12/24/2005 01:57:43

Royall,
We have already had enough fog this year that I am not sure we aren't on the coast. I hope you and cathie are doing great on the island. I know the weather is much betterSmile.
Naomi