Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP now in high res on Google earth
This may be old news, but the resolution of the photos of HPP are much higher now! The big island was very low res for a long time. Now I can see into my neighbors yards! Remember, this is the old, say 20 years, declassified resolution. The NSA can look down your blouse from 300 miles up.

Correction. Only the point is in hi res.
My neighbors pool is a nice shape. Who's car is that parked in their front yard? Is her husband home? You know, the shape of this other house does not match the plans in the permit office. Wow, there are a lot of cars at this house, are they having a meeting? There is that trail I was looking for. You know, they have satellites that can I.D. Mary Jane growing in a field. It shows up as a different color.

I too found it amazing that "Mary Jane " does show up as a different color. But I haven't searched as to why it does.... ??

Greg H.

Thanks radioguy, this is great news, no longer do we need the pesky helicopters to do the over flying, it can be done from space. Kewl

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Wear a wide brim hat, and DON'T LOOK UP!

Actually much of lower Puna is also in high res now. It's quite amazing. The pictures must be relatively recent, definitely within 6 months or so. It's weird where the new photos cut off, including right at Kapoho where some of the larger pools are clearly visible. You can also seen clearly the source of the 1955 lava flows that Seaview and Puna Palisades came from, and I guess they are mining those cinders since there are a bunch of trucks around it.

One of the free upgrades adds star gazing, has anyone used it?
quote:
Wear a wide brim hat, and DON'T LOOK UP!

And line that sucker with tin foil... Remember they are not only watching you but reading your brain waves and introducing thoughts too!

hahaha!

quote:
I too found it amazing that "Mary Jane " does show up as a different color. But I haven't searched as to why it does.... ??

Greg H.

cut it out! You mean to tell me you can really see that on Google earth?
In the 70's I was once arrested in Kona. At the police station I remeber seeing some pics laying around booking desk of pics from operation GREEN HARVEST. Back then the feds used Infrared photos to find plants. I assume that method has changed over time?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
quote:

Greg H.

cut it out! You mean to tell me you can really see that on Google earth?
In the 70's I was once arrested in Kona. At the police station I remember seeing some pics laying around booking desk of pics from operation GREEN HARVEST. Back then the feds used Infrared photos to find plants. I assume that method has changed over time?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!