Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Posters/Prints
Does anyone know where I can buy Hawaiian prints/posters on the Big Island? I need something 24" x 36" where the 36" is the top and bottom dimension (landscape format).

Many thanks
Hope this helps, Lahaina Print Sellers - http://www.printsellers.com
Aloha
Since you are requesting a pretty broad definition:
Posters are available at Hawaii National Park in Volcano; Basically Books, Imiloa Planetarium, Lyman Museum, Tsunami Museum, Creative Arts, Most Irresistible Shop & Hilo Hatties, the Merrie Monarch office across from Edith Kanakaole along with most every big box in Hilo -you may also want to check out the selections at each of the astronomy offices above Imiloa, along with the wildlife selection at the DLNR & DAR offices in the state building...
Thank you SBH and Carey

Lahaina Print Sellers have lovely prints, but nothing big enough it seems. Carey I did go to all the big stores, and they don't have much. I will try the smaller shops you mention, as soon as I can figure out where they are! Thanks for all the help.

Tsunami Museum, Basically Books & Most Irresistible Shop are on Kamehameha (Bayfront) in Hilo
Lyman Museum is at the corner of Haile (3 blocks up from the Palace theater) and Kapiolani
Hilo Hatties in the outer circle of Prince Kuhio Plaza (the mall), across theparking lot from Sears
Imiloa Planetarium is right above UH-Hilo, off of & makai of Komohana, (just North - towards Hilo town- of the jog to Saddle Rd)
the astronomy offices are just mauka of Imiloa (Imoloa is the shiny building w/silver cones - aka 'Madona's bra)
Merrie Monarch office is across from Edith Kanakaole Stadium (near the back entrance of HPM (& across from Izus world famous Shave Ice & fishin' supply store)
State building is the large 60's style white multi-column building on Aupuni St, down from the new BIG judicial building on the corner of Aupuni & Kilauea
Creative Arts is the silk screen place, across from the Port of Hilo, on Kalanianaole
Volcano NP is up at the top of Hwy 11 above Volcano town... the visitors center, Jagger Museum and the new gift shops in the restored Volcano House all have posters

Add; If you are looking for the broadest selection of different images, start your search at Basically Books...as they have the most diverse subject matter...
as for prints, most of the art Galleries in Hiilo downtown have a selection of prints & sizes, but not knowing your budget, color or subject criteria, it is harder to advise you on one gallery or the other... but if you have a day to tour the downtown area in your quest, you should be able to find something that fits your size criteria (mo' betta if you go on a Wed. or Sat. market day for even more selections)
Or take your own image and have Office Max print it on their big printer. Really reasonable price for those big prints over there.