Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
driveway paving?
I'd love opinions on what's best: concrete or black top? Also, anyone know a reliable contractor?
1 island 2 another
having had both in the rain forest.
blacktop: lots of maintance to keep the jungle from encroaching. i used a propane heat blower to keep a 12" clear area or the grass would just eat away at the blacktop. personally though, i liked the look better.
concrete: with all the earthquakes, developed cracks some large and then you get out the heat blower again! also can get very slippery when the moss grows on it. found it can be cheaper sometimes than blacktop depending on who you use, and the size of your drive. if bill watson is still around i would use him for blacktop and if joe framer(punaweb) is still around use him for concrete (joe clark) another thing to check out would be chipseal. havent tried this yet but the cheapest option
Yes , Bill Watkins. Good contractor and nice guy!
Possible to provide a contact number? Not in white or yellow pages.
I need a driveway paved/chip sealed as well.

-dwajs
-dwajs
My Bad... Name is Bill Watkins...968 8136
Any idea of roughly how much he charges, looking for something like this myself.
Ditto - are these priced by the square foot?
Call him. He will come by and find out what you want to do. What your options are, give you a quote and a timeline. He is honest and has been doing this for a really long time.