Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need fence replacement quote/info
Aloha and Happy New Year to all!

Wasn't sure if this topic belongs in the building forum or here. Since it's about replacing something, I decided to drop it in here and see if I can get some help from good members of this forum.

Background: a couple weeks ago a driver (blasted on alcohol) lost control of his vehicle at 2 am and barrelled through my front sliding gate, down my front driveway and up onto one of my landscaped lava rock wall features. Thankfully no one was hurt except one of my baby macnut trees Sad The police came and issued a report. Fortunately the guy is insured so we're covered on that end. Here's what I need to do to get my claim processed and repair the fence:

Need a quote from a "licensed" professional (licensed in what, I'm not sure) on replacement cost of the gate (chain-link, sliding type), and the walk-in gate, including removal and replacement of bent pole between sliding and walk-in gates...I assume landscaping damage should be included too. Anyone know who might be qualified to quote on this for insurance replacement cost purposes?

The other question: I'd like to take the opportunity to replace or put a facade on the chain link fence in front of my property. We're thinking a bamboo fence or facade, whatever makes the most sense cost-wise. Know of anyone selling bamboo fencing on the East side?

Your help would be much appreciated. Mahalo in advance!

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Aloha Tim,

For insurance purposes you will need a quote from a general or fencing contractor. The quote should be on company letterhead and itemize the costs. Usually more than one quote is best.

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thanks so much for the info, Rob. Do you (or anyone else) know of any reputable fence/landscaping companies you could recommend to quote? My sister tried a couple places but everyone seems so busy right now.

Tim
Tim

Hi Punafish,
Try Stephen Matsuura at IslandWide Fencing. I work for a Contractor and he is who we use for fences and gates, and he is licensed: (808) 935-0800 Tell him Emily from J.E. Merk & Associates referred you.
Emily

Thank you for the info, Emily. We'll give Stephen Matsuura a call.

(BTW, I know other folks on the forum appreciate your help, too. You can talk cars, fences and fishing - how impressive is that?)

Aloha!

Tim
Tim

Hi Tim,

You're very welcome! What would we do without the internet? I'm sure I'll have some questions soon as we start to build. This forum is great!

Emily

Aloha,
Not having much luck getting Stephen Matsuura to respond to our calls. My sister tried calling 3 times...into the black hole never to be seen again. She called a couple other fence companies with the same results.

Any other licensed fence contracters out there that someone can recommend? It seems a personal connection might help expedite??? We're at wits end and really want to get a quote so we can stop worrying about insurance issues and focus on getting the fence fixed.

I know, welcome to paradise Smile

Mahalo in advance!

Tim
Tim