Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kids
How many of y'all have kids? We have a big family. Our kids are most worried about finding new friends, because they hate leaving their friends behind. Maybe we could use this thread for everyone to tell about their kids?
We have four. And we are a patchwork quilt...We have three boys:16,16, and 13; and one girl:10. One of the 16 yr old boys is actually sort of adopted. I say sort of, because he and his mom decided that he would be better off living with us, rather than w/ her in LasVegas. He's a good kid so I don't mind, and he's my son's best friend. We home school them to keep them out of trouble. The schools here are bad, we live in "the hood", and we were seeing them fall into the wrong crowd. Anyways, their names are Nick(16), Andreas(16), Alek(13), and Natalee(10). They would love to hear about other kids living on the BI.
Aloha,
Mark

Hi Mark,

On a flight over I met a man who was born in Maui and now lives on the BI with his family, wife son and daughter. The children and dad all were on canoe teams and loved it. The children also were on soccer teams in Keauu.

Another thread seems like a year ago spoke about this fun activity for children

http://hiccupcircus.com/index.htm

If you'll read thru it you will see it is a new and fun talent children can learn, share entertain themselves and also build their self esteem.

Perhaps if you home school thru the school department you will find other families doing the same thing and you could organize volcano, or observatory outings even beach outings, that would be fun. Friends can be found in any and all of these activities I'd think. Good luck and hope your thread gets lots of action.

One last thing I found charming is in HPP for Halloween, they do a trunk or treat! Families decorate their cars for Halloween, then they all go to the home owners association and park in a big u shape. The children in costume or not visit each decorated car trunk and get candy. The reason for this "trunk or treat" is that there are no street lights and it is safer in the Home Owners association parking lot. I've heard the reason for the lack of street lights on the BI is to protect the sky from light pollution invading the observatory. Don't know if that is true or it is economics, but Trunk or Treat sounded like a fun thing to me.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Well the Big Island will be way better than "the hood". And if they all like each other, they can kinda stick together for some fun. If you will home school here, they won't have to get used to a school situation. Sounds to me it may be a great experience for your kids. Home school outings of snorkling, volcano observations, and other hawaiian cultural events will really enlarge their education experience I think. I have met some real nice kids here and of course there are the other kind like anywhere else.