Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apa'a Street / Cemetery Road to be re-opened
For anyone who might be interested:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...etery-road
Bids accepted to restore Cemetery Road
The project, estimated at $200,000, will take up to 40 working days to complete

Send Mr. Lee down the road. He'd have it done in 2 or 3 days. Probably throw in a berm on the mauka side of the road no charge.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE:
LOL- probably true.

quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Bids accepted to restore Cemetery Road
The project, estimated at $200,000, will take up to 40 working days to complete

Send Mr. Lee down the road. He'd have it done in 2 or 3 days. Probably throw in a berm on the mauka side of the road no charge.

Agreed.

But maybe paving it is involved.
The only reason why this is happening:

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency will cover 75 percent of the cost."

I wonder who covers the remaining 25% ?
I wonder who covers the remaining 25% ?

It's 100% funded with our tax dollars, but they pretend the money comes from different pockets.
Well the price is high and 40 days does seem long it will be worthwhile doing. We need this road back.

aloha
aloha
quote:
Originally posted by Malapuaao

Well the price is high and 40 days does seem long it will be worthwhile doing. We need this road back.

aloha

how many people use this road? is going past the school such a hardship? this county spends money like a drunken sailor.
I suppose we can be grateful that we aren't reading about plans to reconnect Hwy 130 or Pahoa mainstreet after religiously allowing the flow to take it's natural course just long enough to cut them off.
quote:
Originally posted by Malapuaao

aloha

Maybe you have not seen how much rock needs to be broken up and removed? It is a LOT of material. I think the price is actually reasonable, considering.