Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official: Universe enters old age
The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics indicates the universe tending towards total entropy, filled with infrared radiation in about 10 billion years. This is not an end although it becomes an eternity of random uniformity.

The bigger question is why we tiny little organisms living on a grain of sand in a solar system that is like a grain of sand to the galaxy, and a galaxy that is like a grain of sand to the superclusters of galaxies, are still able to collect this knowledge with a very finite and very faulty brain enclosed in a closed volume calcium composite skull? The universe has fabricated us, so it developed and is still developing that paradox.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Ten billion years. Whew, what a relief! I thought I heard ten million years. Still it pays to be prepared.
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffhale

The universe has fabricated us, so it developed and is still developing that paradox.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"

I'm thinking, on that thought, no worries. by the time the universe begins shutting down enough to effect our tiny speck of earth, some genius scientist will be experimenting with a breakthrough energy and like the pop splitting atoms creates, it'll pop another whole new universe, and life will recreate its self.. cept for one itsy bitsy problem,, in the interim of that experiential pop, all of life expires in the heat of a split second.. so, no worries life will return. .

More concern at the moment, Menopause, the universe is officially in menopause.. I'd previously been concerned about how fast we are spiraling, into the center of our galaxy, because, it's just a gigamongious hurricane after all. but now>

We're doomed billions of years before that happens, billions ahead of the last light of a star is damped. Geez!! ,
[/quote]
by the time the universe begins shutting down enough to effect our tiny speck of earth, some genius scientist will be experimenting with a breakthrough energy

And yes, that scientist could be alive at this very moment, perhaps a student at a Big Island school who will go on to earn a TMT funded STEM scholarship.

Assuming of course s/he lives long enough by eating non-GMO organic foods from the Natch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXmswhSVBg

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
And to think that Doug Adams had the foresight to write a story about it along with a restaurant.......[Wink][Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Imagtek,

"A book on this: 'The Five Ages of the Universe' F. Adams and G. Laughlin. Mind expanding. Worth a read."

I read the book a number of years ago and certainly enjoyed it. However, an awful lot has changed in cosmology since then, and I believe the authors are rewriting the book. No idea when it'll be published though. So although I wouldn't want to recommend not reading the book, I'm hoping an updated version will be available soon.
Well, the Universe has gone through its mid life crisis and will settle down now.
That's when a better clarity comes into view...When one realizes that they're over the hill and now its but a slow spiral down.. George Harrison put it best, All things must pass.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
PT,

"The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics indicates the universe tending towards total entropy [...]"

That's like saying the universe is tending towards total inches or total temperature. What is it that makes you blather about subjects you don't understand? It's astonishing how often you do it.
Universe's great-great-great-n!(*) grand-daughter born.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33922503

(*) Where n = I haven't worked it out yet.