Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV funds may become available for improvements
The WHT posted an article today on a proposed bill.

A proposed bill that calls for using a portion of the royalty funds collected by Hawaii County from the Puna Geothermal Ventures energy plant toward expenditures in Lower Puna, as well as to relocate residents affected by the plant, will be discussed by the County Council's Finance Committee Wednesday.....The proposed bill would change the name of the original ordinance from the "Geothermal Relocation Program" to the "Geothermal Relocation and Community Benefits Program.".

-----------------
Coming home soon!
THIEVES!!!!!

How can a city authority with no concern for it's people survive? If that entire region impacted by this project can't be monitered with absolute accuracy for health hazard, and be willing to insure the region against any possible circumstances from the plant for infinity, no one has a right to touch that money. Let it build until at least 10 years of testing proves it safe, or buy out people if they want out at a fair price.

Keep your hands off both funds! All Puna uses your electric, only
residents who have to live by the plant need it! That is why they have the fund, to take care of those residents!
Gordon J Tilley
A proposal to tap Hawaii County's $2.9 million Geothermal Relocation Fund to finance public improvements in lower Puna won unanimous support Tuesday from a County Council committee.
Tribune Herald

Now let's use them correctly!

-----------------
Coming home soon!
Looks like it's down to the final reading:

...Renaming and Redefining the Geothermal Relocation Program to the Geothermal Relocation and Community Benefits Program. {Renames the “Geothermal Relocation Program” to the “Geothermal Relocation and Community Benefits Program” and redefines this program as well as increases the minimum balance maintained in the fund from $200,000 to $1,000,000

Amends Chapter 2, Article 36, Hawai‘i County Code 1983

Final Reading on Wednesday, March 12th.

Hawai‘i County Council
Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort and Spa
78-128 Ehukai Street
Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
8:30 AM

-------
Today in History
About 9,000 ILWU sugar workers begin a strike for 39 days, 1974
Sorry, I meant LEGAL Theives! Hope they're proud!
Gordon J Tilley