Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farming MMJ may pay better than Bananas?
I don't see how anyone could operate a business within the law as it currently exists and make a profit.

Only the State of Hawaii could turn the pot growing business into a money losing proposition. Maybe they need to hire some consultants?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"If the farmer makes money, the farmer will farm, if no make money no farm".

Ironic that "protecting the farmer" is used as an argument against growth.
Amazing and a bit frightening.
What is being found these days in Hawaii's Black market Marijuana?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/36778...as-tainted

This could be the scare tactic needed to help persuade more MMJ patients to buy from the dispensaries for higher prices rather than continue growing their own cheaper. JMO
Really? Reviving a year old post for this. 50% was clean. And they didn't break down the containments frequency or levels at all. I'm surprised they didn't find mold on 100%. You can find traces of E. Coli on just about everything. It sounds scary but we consume it in small doses all the time. Nothing to see here.
We just had this discussion about 2 weeks ago. See "Richard Ha's dispensary".
Reviving a year old post for this.

Don't feed the troll.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

Maybe in snowy Colorado you need a dispensary, but with our year round growing season here in Hawaii, DIY is the better pathway. I will be interested to see if these new shops can turn a profit!

For new patients this can be a challenge. I recently started growing a strain I believe is doomed to mold because I didn't know any better when I ordered the seeds. Even if I am successful it will be several weeks before I have any useable medicine. I don't know anyone here who can help with either mold resistant strains or useable product because I recently moved here. A dispensary would be nice for someone like me who has been suffering for months. But I agree that once I figure out the growing situation I probably won't pay high dispensary prices. Anyone out there know where a patient can get some help? ;-)
Go to Kehena and ask the long hairs.