Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatz doing in Hilo?
Tried to book a room for a week and there is no room at the Inn on 2/10! What's doing in Hilo on 2/10 anyone have any ideas?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella,
This is the only thing I could find that looked like a bigger type of event....found it on this website:http://calendar.gohawaii.com/

Feb 11, 2006

4TH ANNUAL HILO CHINESE NEW YEAR FESTIVAL

Historic Downtown Hilo comes alive with firecrackers and Chinese culture! Tents in Kalakaua Park will be overflowing with food booths, crafts and art, cooking demonstration, free exhibitions and demonstrations and more, all celebrating the Chinese Astrological Year of the Dog, Hawaiian style. The Lion Dancers open and bless the event with firecrackers and traditional dances. Kids dress up for the Keiki Chinese Costume Contest where everyone wins a prize! Plenty of free parking in the area. Sit on the grass or bring a blanket or beach chairs and enjoy the best free East Hawaii celebration of the Chinese New Year!

Type: Event

Island: Big Island

Emily, thank you! You are such a valuable sourse of information for us. I sure appreciate the time you donate here.

Can't wait 2/11 Chinese New Year Festival, what fun that will be. Now to find a place!!
Got a container you want to rent out??? How about a fifth wheel? LOL Perhaps I can just bring an army tent for that evening!

Thanks again for the site and take care.

Aloha, Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA