Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current T-mobile coverage in Puna?
Aloha,
Does anyone have recent experience with T-mobile cell phone coverage in Fern Forest, Fern Acres, Hawaiian Acres, Orchidland, and the makai subdivisions?
I currently have AT&T, contract has run out, their coverage seems as good as it gets but their deals and customer service suck so I'm thinking of switching to T-mobile because they look like they currently have the best offers.
If T-mobile roams on Cingular towers, theoretically the signal should be good wherever Cingular's is.
How is this working out in practice I wonder.

Mahalo,
White Cloud
I just got back from the Big Island and I have T-Mobile based out of Oahu right now.

I'm not sure if because my "Homebase" is Oahu or what... but the reception I received for the last 6-7 days throughout the General Puna area was unacceptable to me.

I thought it might have been the bad weather, but other people using other carriers didn't seem to be having the problems I was.

When I move back, I won't be using T-Mobile.

-----------------
Coming home soon!
I have Verizon in Ainaloa and I have to drive through different parts of Puna a lot, including Mountain view, HI Acres and volcano. The customer service over the phone and in th store has been exceptional so far and I usually have one or two bars when my friends on AT&T have none.

I also discovered that I have service in parts of Leilani the other night....

"Never use a large word when a diminutive one will suffice."
"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
T M working for me everywhere .... once in a while jumps onto AT&T up in Fern Acres .... still fine but I cannot check my messages ... the next day it works ... Guessing I am right on the edge of coverage. Live / Work in F.A. / H.A.

This just changed in the last month or so ... weather ?

So far have never had to call customer service.
Thanks folks for your replies! Seems like it's still a mixed bag as far as people's experiences go.
pog, are you getting coverage right down to the bottom blocks of FA/HA?
That's one of the spots I'm looking for land.
Mahalo,
White Cloud
I use AT&T (Cingular) in HPP and have used it throughout puna without any problems.I had verizon..and while verizon does have great customer service....I didn't get much of a signal here on 5th St.

Here is the coverage map for ATT.

Dark orange--great signal
medium orange---good signal
light orange---fair signal

http://www.hialoha.net/traveler/coverage.jpg
ooops, sorry for delayed reply.

T-Mobile works everywhere for me ... only in the last few weeks has it been a little erratic up on Pikake st. in Fern Acres. That said, it has been working perfect for the last week though + drove down to Waa Waa, Kapoho and Pohoiki today and it worked perfect.

Aloha,
pog
Thank you pog. That sounds great. I think I'll make the switch.
Aloha,
White Cloud