Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dispensaries may not open on schedule!
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/stat...later-year

State officials say they have yet to inspect Hawaii's eight licensed medical marijuana businesses, making it unlikely that the dispensaries will open by July 15

hahahahaha State missing a deadline, imagine that.

The state is going to delay as long as they can the Dept of Health wants nothing to with dipensaries

jrw
jrw
State officials say they have yet to inspect Hawaii's eight licensed medical marijuana businesses, making it unlikely that the dispensaries will open by July 15
---------
The dispensaries should sue the state for lost revenue.
The dispensaries should sue the state for lost revenue.

State requires that product quality be validated by (you guessed it) a State-certified lab.

No lab has yet applied for certification, and of course you need labs on each island with dispensaries, because all intra-state transportation is under Federal jurisdiction.

At least the dispensary licensing program is self-funded...
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

[i]No lab has yet applied for certification, and of course you need labs on each island with dispensaries, because all intra-state transportation is under Federal jurisdiction.

If the Feds say the weed is illegal does it matter where it is and where it is transported?

A bust is a bust, doesn't matter what you're doing with it.

Without getting into how I feel about "the weed" I don't understand how the Feds have managed to fail to perform their duties in enforcing their laws.

If all else fails leave it to the states.

dispensaries may not open on schedule

Their customers all smoke weed. Isn't there a good chance they'll show up late anyway?

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I don't see dispensaries as having much impact. With the high amount of taxes (and the cost of following the regulations) I anticipate the continued use of the black market, possibly even creating more demand for the illegal stuff.
how the Feds have managed to fail to perform their duties in enforcing

They haven't -- it's just that the scope of "duties" and "enforcement" isn't as advertised.

I don't see dispensaries as having much impact.

Again -- pretty sure the intent isn't to create a legitimate marketplace, but to have regulations on the books before the next Federal administration makes any changes, and possibly to use those regulations against "illegal" growers.

The rules ("for everyone") will continue to be selectively enforced.
Counting the chickens before they're hatched...

http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/stat...ain-hawaii

$12-38M revenue in the first year, projected to $80M by 2018 (assumes another 20K registered patients).

Further assumes patients will spend $100-200/month "based on national prices".