Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malama Market - rebuild/relocation
Anymore news on Malama Market rebuilding and expanding? Reading this article and I can't tell really where they plan on building it?

Also they say a stop light on Kahakai Blvd and the highway? So will the new shopping center be on Kahakai blvd towards beaches?

Just wondering if anyone has heard of anything if this is still a go or what?

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...mes-larger

Local projects do seem to have very little "media presence" -- sometimes the (required) Planning actions aren't even mentioned in the paper.

New Malama will be at the "back" of the Bryson Strip Mall, which will have an entrance from Kahakai and "Village Road" (eg, that corner with Long's and Pahoa Auto Parts).

Businesses in that area may find it "difficult" to obtain insurance due to the "lava hazard" -- I'm sure Malama can afford it, given the premium prices.
Is construction happening? It seems like each time I pass, the progress appears to be slow and null.
They are dozing around in different spots. It looks like some preparation for the permanent intersection traffic light power box. The agreement was that light was going to be in place and working before the shopping center opened. That is probably county doing that. Kind of wondering if they are going to clean up the roundabout or that is it, all kinds of temporary barrier signs. The post office has said it will relocate there. Kind of think the credit union will relocate there too. The renegotiation is probably taking awhile.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*