Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Suspect Down" on Kaloli and First
One person dead, a family likely left devastated, two local police officers traumatized, possibly for the rest of their lives, a local neighborhood in shock, and you post this?

"All the malihini want Hawaii island to be more like the mainland. HPP sounds like it wants to become Oakland, with drive by shootings, cut up bodies, shooting gallery. Those people should be happy, Hawaii island should be just like the 'hood so many malihini seem to have left and are homesick for."
I think thats why some people leave the mainland..

..And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon God they made...
I've been to Oakland many times, and never have seen what Pted describes. Was even born there (didn't have much of a say in that one!). Moving along, with the brief facts given, anyone can speculate what the reasons the suspect had a gun for, suicide?, revenge?, that the suspect had, but the results are what TomK has posted.

Community begins with Aloha
I believe the original call in mentioned "possible suicide attempt". For all I know at this point , this man could have been one of my neighbors. Tom's post is correct.....

PT, you have a very distorted view of what "HPP wants".
Bad things happen. That doesn't mean people in HPP want it.
Gross generalizations don't cut it!
There is such a thing as "suicide by cop." Someone who wants do die, but for whatever reason can't do it on their own, will provoke a police shooting. It is sad and more of a mental health issue than a crime issue. It's really devastating for the families and the policemen who both have my sympathy.
Well said Tom