Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hepatitis A is here!
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...ood-worker

The employee has a history of exposure on Oahu and worked at the fast food and catering restaurant, Sushi Shiono Waikoloa in the Waikoloa Beach Resort, Queen’s MarketPlace from July 5-21, according to a DOH statement.
If you're worried, go get the vaccination !
Not so much "worried" as ... "can hardly wait to see how DoH mismanages this one too".
If anybody is interested, (and not anti immunization) Kaiser is offering the HAV shot free to their clients with appointment. Longs is offering the shot to people who have a Rx. (Written) from their Docs. Bay Clinic says if their clients want the shot, they must first get an Apt. to see their Dr. and get a Rx. which they can take to any pharmacy who's offering them. I heard yesterday that Safeway if also giving the shot, but have not yet been able to reach them by phone to see if written Rx. Is required. KTA is also giving the shot but must have prescription from Doc.
Hopefully this illness does not take hold here like it is in Oahu, but we do have our first on island case in a Food Worker in Waikoloa.
For those without insurance: no prescription required at Safeway pharmacy, vaccination yours for $95.
It could be prevented if these food service employees would wash their hands after using the bathroom.
Safeway will do it without a Rx, if you have HMSA PPO. If you have HMO coverage, then you'll need a Rx. I have coverage through Kaiser, but I didn't want to wait for an appointment. I bit the bullet and paid the fee for the folks without insurance coverage.