Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surfing Safari?
Here is what is happening in the surfing world on the left coast.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...UUEE3B.DTL

""Surfers soar at Maverick's - fans cheer them on at beach"".

Enjoy!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
quote:
Originally posted by mella l

Here is what is happening in the surfing world on the left coast.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...UUEE3B.DTL

""Surfers soar at Maverick's - fans cheer them on at beach"".

Enjoy!

mella l

and what is the other side Mella....da Yeast Coast?

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
The Moldy Oldie Coast BB?

Hey I was wondering what is the best season to surf the east side, and the west side?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
In all honestly Mella, to hell with Mavericks! It's a cold water break, and cold water breaks are nasty at best!. So it has one strike against it right off the bat. With cold water comes "Surfer's ear". Another strike against this place called Maverick is visibility, or lack of it. I like to see whats below my feet anytime I'm in the water.

I grew up on Maui, so I'd like you to see this beautiful wave/surf spot called Jaws. It's down from Sprecklesville. I never got to surf "Jaws", but I did surf the monsters at Sprecklesville..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLnri3Jv...re=related

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
The Mavericks have a grand following, and I know it is cold I was born in SF!

So my question is, "Hey I was wondering what is the best season to surf the east side, and the west side"? What months do you recommend?

mella l

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Let's not forget the sharks, Maverick's/Halfmoon Bay is full of them.
When I was a kid and surfed the freezing Ca. coast I remember big boards with no dangling feet in the water.

We knelt on the board with a qt> beer bottle between our legs for the quick jolt and to use as a club the smack any close swimming sharks on the nose. No comparison there to here. Maybe on TV the size similarity is about it.IMHO
quote:
Hey I was wondering what is the best season to surf the east side, and the west side?
Typically, north swells come in the winter, south in summer. Right now, there is an alert on for a fairly big north swell. Local news said that contestants for the Eddie Aikau event have been put on notice for the contest to possibly happen in the next couple of days at Waimea Bay. There needs to be at least a 20 ft. break for the contest to proceed. The Big Island apparently won't get much of the swell (maybe because we're in the shadow of Maui?), but the Kona side may get bigger surf by Wednesday.
Whatever you do , don't surf Pohoiki. White tip and Tiger Sharks, and razor sharp tube coral.

No sand; just sharp rocks that will shred skin like paper, and power boats speeding in and out.
Pohoiki!(Isaac Hale County Park)

Was there Thursday the 10th - school was still out and it was packed.

The surf was UP and the break extended towards the rocky shore but there was plenty of takers!

AH! YOUTH! They were GOOD and know no-betta. My aches/pains and memories of past wipes - I know betta!

Time will tell - I'm listening?
Time will tell - I should have been speaking?