Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130 closed at Keaau Transfer ???
Monday afternoon, now ???
It wasn't closed 1.5 hours ago but there was a bottleneck there because of heavy rain. I sat in traffic without moving for awhile but it was only a few minutes.
Accident about 1/2 to a mile past the transfer station when driving toward Pahoa.
Someone crashed into the guardrail in the shoulder lane.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Traffic was backed up for miles, nearly all the way to the turn-off from H-11 onto the Keaau bypass. It's strange nothing went out on Nixle about it. Oh, wait, it's Puna.
Traffic was backed up for miles

If only there were some kind of "alternate" or "emergency" route that people could use...

Oh, look! Highway funding! Just not for this problem...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...provements
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

It's strange nothing went out on Nixle about it. Oh, wait, it's Puna.

That's what it is.

There was another accident on Hwy 11 heading into Hilo, immediately before the Shipman Industrial Park left turn lane about 2:15 PM yesterday. A pickup truck with a camper top had flipped on it's side to the left side of the highway. It wasn't blocking any lanes on the highway, and there are three lanes available on that stretch of road, so no traffic backed up.

I didn't see either accident occur, but drove by some minutes after each one. My best guess is heavy rain, or bad tires caused one or the other of the mishaps.

- Be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. - Work slowly. - Refer all matters to committees for "further study and consideration. - Hold conferences. - Make travel as inconvenient as possible. - Haggle over precise wordings of communications. - Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and avoid haste. (Excerpts from the WWII OSS Simple Sabotage Manual)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There is a caution about Saddle mile marker 10-11, due to heavy rain.
The flash flood warning was called off yesterday but there might be some tropical summer downpours. Not good driving conditions.
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5709177/

*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
There is another flash flood watch for the entire island today (8/23/16).