Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbor assaulted me in my own yard - Ainaloa
So far there have been 2 posts on this thread that said "get rid of the BB gun".

Discuss.

quote:
Originally posted by terracore

So far there have been 2 posts on this thread that said "get rid of the BB gun".

Discuss.

The police took it away from him when he was at his house. After he struck me with it he took it with him and ran to his house.
What a terrible situation gerconr.

I recommend you move forward from this licken and have this unfortunate BB gun situation become a learning lesson.

https://nursemanifest.com/2015/10/06/gun...g-concern/

To be sure it is essential to not even give the appearance of threatening anyone with a weapon unless you really mean it and those situations are few and far between. I once had my neighbor yelling at me when I was clearing the line between our lots. I had a hatchet in my hand. As he approached I threw it on the ground so there could not possibly be any consideration that I was threatening him with it.

I can't comment on where the BB gun fits in. The story is not clear what role it played. I shoot my pellet gun here all the time and nobody says boo. I am however extremely thoughtful about where I am pointing it and who is around. Basically I think nobody has ever seen me with it. They may have heard it but I have never gotten any feedback good or bad.
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

To be sure it is essential to not even give the appearance of threatening anyone with a weapon unless you really mean it and those situations are few and far between. I once had my neighbor yelling at me when I was clearing the line between our lots. I had a hatchet in my hand. As he approached I threw it on the ground so there could not possibly be any consideration that I was threatening him with it.

I can't comment on where the BB gun fits in. The story is not clear what role it played. I shoot my pellet gun here all the time and nobody says boo. I am however extremely thoughtful about where I am pointing it and who is around. Basically I think nobody has ever seen me with it. They may have heard it but I have never gotten any feedback good or bad.

In no way did I point it at him. I think he just told the police that I pointed it at him to come up with an excuse for assaulting me. Plus there is no way he can see me with the BB gun from his house so I assume it was the noise that bothered him.
My dad knows his dad and his dad said they don't even talk anymore. He once threw a hammer at his dad (as my dad says). I checked the court site and I saw that his dad actually filed a TRO against him. He's frickin crazy.
Can I ask what the airgun you were shooting is? Is it a true bb gun that shoots only steel bb's? That would be like a Red Ryder. Or does it also shoot pellets? Or does it just shoot pellets? Quite a few people call any airgun a bb gun, is why I ask. Bb's are very prone to ricochet, so need to be shot into something soft that will let them sink in. Pellets are usually lead, so don't generally ricochet. Most "bb" guns shoot maybe 350 fps, whereas some pellet guns can approach, or exceed 1000 fps. And some even break the sound barrier, which causes a really loud noise.
I shoot airguns on my property in HPP often. 99% is just target shooting for fun, into a steel pellet trap. I set the pellet trap in front of a rock wall in the middle of my property. 1% is shooting rats.
How many lots away does your neighbor live from you?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Lots in Ainaloa are only a little over 12000 sq. ft, most are right around 80 X 150 feet wide.
agreed SR, there is more here.

JMO