Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - DoubleTree - News
I saw the New York Times (I think) video about the theater and the kick starter/crowd funding effort to raise money for the digital upgrades needed to show modern movies. Well done story. That got me interested in the town and the area, hence it's on the To Do list.
I just wanted to give an update on the hotel. It has officially changed over to Hilton now, and the rates have gone up.

I called to shift our dates - we're staying for 2 different stretches with Thanksgiving in Kona for a few days in between - and found they wanted to increase our room rate. We weren't adding or cancelling the number of days, we just wanted to move the first checkout day back one day and the second check in day back one day. If we did so the second stay of Friday through Monday would go up approx $50 per night, for all 4 nights. No thanks. The person I spoke to was at the Hilton corporate call center, whereas before it was a more local person (on Oahu). They were much more helpful before.

I'm going to try the Hilton number again today and see if my Hilton Hhonors membership does anything. If not, I'll try the hotel directly. If all else fails I'll just cancel the last day of our first weeks stay and be over in Kona an extra day.

Anyway, just an FYI - all the room rates have gone up now. The room we reserved was $139 and is now $189.

We can't wait to get over there! 6 days and counting!
Don't waste your time calling the corporate number, only the local manager can adjust the rates.