Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Kona Bed And Breakfast.
Friends of mine are coming over from Tokyo to Kona for about 2 weeks and want to stay in a nice B&B or house rental that's close to the ocean in Kona. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
We used to stay at a condo next to the Kona Islander. It was a couple years ago and I don't see it on VRBO anymore. I did see some units on VRBO at the Islander but since we never stayed there, can't give a recommendation.

It was a good location, walking distance to everything. It had a great ocean view. It also had the noise of Alii drive, but that wasn't too bothersome. The higher up you are the less you can hear the noise.

I know you said "house", but we thought the condo was a good value for the money, considering the view and location.
Thanks Chas... Condo's are OK also.
http://ahparadise.com/

It is in South Kona, I've had friends and family stay there and everyone had good experiences.
If they don't mind Basic....Dragongfly Ranch is fun. I'd recommend my friend's place in Kealakekua Bay, but she's totally full for the year!

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
quote:
Originally posted by AKpilot

If they don't mind Basic....Dragongfly Ranch is fun. I'd recommend my friend's place in Kealakekua Bay, but she's totally full for the year!

AKpilot

As long as you know you are basically "camping with a bed" Dragonfly is OK, but anyone who is expecting a B&B type experience is in for a shock.
Since they live in crowded and overbuilt Tokyo perhaps they would appreciate the wide open spaces and unobstructed panoramic views of coastal Waikoloa. The Mauna Lani Terrace condos are absolutely gorgeous, I stay there a few times a year and absolutely love the coastal walks with the King's fishing ponds restored on the Mauna Lani grounds. The landscaping is also mesmerizing with bright colored flowers year round.
Oooh yeah, even if they don't stay at the Mauna Lani, those coastal walks there and at Hualalai are always a good day trip!
Thanks Punatic007 The Mauna Lani Terrace is just what they are looking for... A little pricey but then all nice things usually are...